Past projects in the Gilpin Lab at LSUHSC include
1. Researching if clozapine-N-oxide (CNO) at various doses is aversive in DREADD virus-free rats.
2. Studying how rats infused with an excitatory DREADD virus in the central amygdala respond to various doses of CNO in a conditioned place aversion paradigm.
3. Discerning if dorsal raphe CRF cells project to the central amygdala, and if activation of the dorsal raphe induces anxiety-like behavior.
4. Identifying brain regions that project to the central amygdala using retrobead tracers.
5. How to accurately co-label c-fos+ and CRF+ cells in the central amygdala.